Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Have I mentioned that I am SOOO over this cold?

It's time to put some humor back in this joint! Sadly, I've spent my  treatment bye week battling this never ending cold. MOVE ON ALREADY!!    Pardon the language, but this sums up my attitude toward this cold...I'm not a fan.  Don't worry, one daily dose of Nyquil is as strong as I can get.
 

I will be scheduling radiation this week - I'm not sure when it will actually start but my Med Onc thought I should wait until this week to call so I could get a good rebound from treatment. I'm hoping the cold isn't going to cause any delays since I'm already looking at a December end date (I was hoping for Thanksgiving week, but oh well...) Here's a little early radiation humor...


from xkcd.com

As far as the rebounding from chemo goes, I'm getting there. Fingers and toes are getting WAY better. I've felt significant improvement over the past couple of days. I am also THRILLED to report that I think the taxol/steroid side effect of endless appetite and weight gain has left the building!!! Beginning on Sunday, I noticed a dramatic change in my urge to eat. Where I could have eaten anything and everything, all day every day just a day before, I found that I didn't really have an appetite and the same was true for today. Don't get me wrong, I'm eating, but at appropriate times and I know when to stop. I hopped on the scale today, just out of curiosity, and I'm down 3 lbs. Woot woot! I started Tamoxifen a few days ago. I'll be writing about that soon enough but that may play a role here as well. Who knows...
Well friends, I'm still working and now (I'm hoping) I'm kicking the tail end of this cold (2 weeks is enough, right??) but you should see the posts start to ramp up again. Of course, that's only good news if you're into that sort of thing.  I will be taking some time to do some menu planning. With daily treatments + the commute + work + family, I figure this weekend will be a good time to knock out some freezer meals. I'm not sure I'm going to feel like cooking once the daily treatments start so, I figure, let's plan! If you're interested in what I do, I might post a little something on the lifestyle portion of my blogosphere footprint.   ;-)

Love to all!
Andee

No comments:

Post a Comment